May 20, 2013

Mermaids etc.

So! At last the boat is in the Sea, and I get to come out and do a little marine painting.

Right now we'll have to make do with this sketch of mermaids and other creatures of fair Lake Mälaren and all the fiards therein. Some of them don't sing too well. The sirens of business (as seen in the foreground) should be avoided entirely. They try to lure you aground.
 

 But I got to meet with a nice one while practising quick swirls with the pen,


and long winters when I paint indoors, fighting with nuances in the light that is not, I miss  this simplicity of life and art.

And now I'll go insane. If you promise that you'll be nice to this simple little work and let it be like it is, I can't see why you shouldn't have your very Own Copy. There you go; click on the link, download. (It should open in a new window. Wait for a little while, this is Utterly High Quality.) Then you're very welcome to print it out. It's Summertime, and the living 's easy...


-- Ps. If this just wont work, despite consulting all your local computer geeks, try tapping on the picture below. It's in somewhat lower quality but perhaps more accessible. So it goes.