December 14, 2014

Giant Spider Butterfly



It's a shame that I can't show you what I and my dancing friend have brewing -- my part in it is something between illustrations and art -- so instead we land in the Weird Animals Dept., throwing a wink to my friend M. I don't know if M. really wants her name spelled out, much owing to her well-founded, entirely rational... fear of butterflies. Butterflies! Fluttering dreams of the summer meadow... dear M, what turned our dreams into your nightmare?
"They're yucky, their eerie! They look just like spiders with their skinny creepy legs; once you forget about the wings they are spiders!"

Instead of arguing with this spin-off product of arachnophobia, I give you this Giant Spider Butterfly [Arachne Jumboyeti] to consider. Brrrrr?


- - - *** - - -

Ps. This week I gave my somewhat baroque English a little more exercise, too many words and a little imagery for Ohana Magazine. The subject is Stockholm Underground Culture and how to survive it...