June 21, 2015

Oxytocin, a Sketch

She told me that she was from Kazakhstan. And that it might get very hot there. I believe her. The conversation was quite short -- she didn't speak much English or Swedish and I don't know any Kazakh. However, while we talked I clandestinely made her a part of Oxytoxin, this little sketch.


Oxytocin is an interesting hormone. It makes us feel well when certain someones touch us gently. It reduces fear and inspires trust. It's a part of the Chemistry of Love and yes, it is highly addictive. I readily confess that this one was inspired by Dalí's Cannibalisme de l'automne (Autumnal Cannibalism) which is my favourite work by him; my rendering is not as cannibalistic, I merely nibble a little bit... "Its systematic name is cysteine-tyrosine-isoleucine-glutamine-asparagine-cysteine-proline-leucine-glycine-amide", says the Wikipedia happily, but that's a bit too long, so Oxytocin it is.