September 14, 2014

Headless Oil and Soft Violins

I've been able to steal some time for my oil painting. This week: A somewhat headless person among rowanberries (I don't know why. Any suggestions on this head are welcome...)


...and...


...the strained hand of the painter in progress. I think that I may thank fellow artist Valeria Montti Colque for the turquoise colour of the scull; I've always found her Mexican art inspiring.

In his attempt to make a living, Yours Sincerely must sometimes put his beloved perpetual oils away and do some quick painting for bread. It is still fun to be given somewhat free hands and spread a little dalĂ­rium to the world, such as this soft fiddle.


I did the outline in some kind of red -- nicer than black outlines, I felt.

This is the whole, by the way, used as an invitation for a concert.


- - - May I go back to my oils now?