September 09, 2018

Splutterfly


"I want a butterfly."
"A butterfly?"
"Yes. It is to be drawn in this position [he showed me the position and mailed it to me] and in this manner [I had to take a picture of the screen where various, very spluttery, runny aquarelles appeared, not my normal style but, all right then!] and in this colour scale..."
"Okay [said I, a couple of days later] -- here you go."


"This is not what we agreed about."
(Oh man, yet another obnoxious bastard.)
It was, but but it didn't look as he didn't imagine.
Let me explain:

Our trade is to work with our imagination for people who don't have any.
"I know perfectly what it looks like", they would say.
But can you draw it?
Can you do anything that even comes near it? No? Then you actually don't know. In this lies the problem. People without any imagination can't imagine that they have no imagination. They are wholly insatiable and I guess that normal people won't work with them. Then they come to me. Be it love or business, I should be very, very wary when people come to me voluntarily. But my imagination only serves me in the Arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment