November 10, 2018

Illumination with Odd Orchestration



The little drawing that was made to run around notes at my exhibition (q.v.) has been recycled as an illuminated border. Now it's intended for my not-soon-to-be-done-manuscript. So I had fun colouring it, putting some smeared collage on it (from sources you'd never guess) and expanding on it. As I went from about postcard to letter size, I didn't want to simply resize the old drawing,* so I had to fill in with something. I added some kind of clarinet joint...


...and some kind of greenery and... I really don't know. Do you?



*Upon second thought, I could've done that too -- putting details in the enlarged structures. But it would probably feel like "More of The Same". I believe paintings may be guided by some kind of necessity. As for the rest of Life, I'm still of two minds.
And is Art mirroring Life?
And should it?
Etc., etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment