March 31, 2021

Hospital Unhospitality


This little study of abuse and neglect, complete with this warm and humane nurse and her happy patient, can be bought from Saatchi and Saatchi Online. It is explained more thoroughly there. Let it suffice to say that it is based on a true story, as told to me by a chocked medical student: This is what happens when nurses get too tecnnical.
(It all somehow reminded me of Chaplin's "feeding machine" in Modern Times.)
A closer look!
I've packed this thing with all sorts of loving medical details for the viewers' enjoyment, and I hope that it will be regarded as a carefully crafted piece of dark humour, full of the cheerful attitude that you find among pills and syringes:
"It won't hurt, I promise."
"It won't have any side effects, I swear."
Etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment