February 28, 2023

Sad, Dumb and Grumpy 50’s Car


This is a Sad, Dumb and Grumpy 50’s car, clouds of poison included.

The sketch preceding this one was ordered by an enthusiastic lady on the behalf of a Veteran Car’s Society, for an event this summer. (Having some income would be nice.)
The Veteran Car’s Society, I swear to God, is however peopled by…

…Sad, Dumb and Grumpy and disgracefully ageing blobs of white men. Swedes, on top of that, so they did not want anything artistic. They’ll do something themselves, and I also swear the resulting poster will be ratty and they’ll be hopelessly proud of it.

(You find the same fine spirit in boat clubs where yachts grow bigger and bigger while other belongings grow increasingly limp – I once happened to have a very small boat in one, so now I recognise this mindset at once. Small matter if the artificial self esteem has wheels instead.)

So well, now I don’t have to draw some happy symbol for old environment destroyers.
The enthusiastic lady sent a trifle for the original sketch, It made her happy:

As for me, I (as you see) proofed it all into a Sad, Dumb and Grumpy 50’s car.
Meanwhile, I myself shrink into something Sad, Dumb and Grumpy and increasingly poisonous. I’m a sort of veteran myself, and this war has been going on for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment