September 30, 2013

More Art to the People

I'd like to recommend an interesting article by fellow painter Ruthy on art hoaxes -- modern masters that turned out to be four years old, chimpanzee, or even made up -- and an eager world believed it, gallerists, writers and all. "Today the art world is glamorous, mysterious and expensive", she says -- I am pondering how to make it less mysterious and expensive -- buying art should be an everyday thing; "buy milk, sugar, art, eggs!". In order to make my art affordable I am struggling to get my art posters (the series made in collaboration with poet Peter Palm) finished before next exhibition. This is one of the latest ones (still waiting for the poems to be inserted) it's scanned today and much remains to do with the colour balance & so on...

Original size for all works are A4/std. letter size, they'll be blown up to at least twice that size due to all the details that I put into them. (On my exhibitions, you often see people looking around after a magnifying glass.) We figured they might stand resizing, such as this little fish...
(The original fins are gold, actually, but it's difficult to convey this feeling to a printed poster or even to my scanner. Still working on it. A lot of cheating might be needed to make this look natural.)