December 10, 2017

Fly Away!

This is another one for the book that I might finish before being caught up by Death or Flies: In my surreal little tale, the Flies are pestersome creatures that try to see and control everything, have opinions about everything in general and especially how you and me live. Sounds familiar? (I just hate flies, so the choice was obvious.)



The compound eyes was made possible thanks to my dear model, who patiently let me take pictures from a dozen different angles. Using one eye (or worse, stealing imagery) just wouldn't yield the same result.
Some kind of fungi (that I can't place) made the basis for some of the yuckier textures. The wings are warped from weeds (inverted).


The older I get, the less patience I have for people that buzz about and can't live and let live. I want a swatter!

No comments:

Post a Comment