April 08, 2013

City Lights (work in progress)


Glimpses from a work in progress. I originally wanted to compete in Saatchi's "Showdown" named Bright Lights, Big City; but then I realised that the entry period was equal to the drying time alone, and let go. Might as well compete with myself. (The only truly worthy opponent that you'll ever have... is you. If you evolve and improve, then you win.)
 

 
Here I am replacing the pencil as usual with ink lines, less smudgy and elusive.
 


(c) Joakim Ceder 2013


 
I strongly feel that this scene has a meaning. But only you can tell. 

So we add a little oil on the special gesso paper. (It is coated for paint, but very thinly so, hence the half eternity it takes before it's dry.) It doesn't look like very much right now, but I find it promising. We'll see.